- Hippo is a specialist technical design and delivery technology consultancy providing outcome based services for complex digital transformation programmes.
- The business provides services across the full digital transformation value chain from defining the business or policy problem, providing an evidence-based solution design, delivering the project and engineering the digital product or service.
- Offices in Leeds and Coventry, employing over 170 people.
Why we invested
- We are backing a highly experienced, technical management team which has driven significant and rapid growth.
- Hippo has a track record of winning new clients, expanding existing client accounts and being valued partners on long-term programmes.
- Hippo is recognised for its specialist expertise in user-centred design and delivery across key Government departments.
- The culture of the business and investment in talent attracts high quality recruits, enabling headcount growth whilst maintaining quality.
- An attractive digital transformation market with a focus Government strategy on providing digital-first public services.
How we are making a difference
- GCP funded the entire deal at completion through a well aligned minority partnership investment.
- Our investment will enable Hippo to scale up its people operations, systems and processes to maximise the significant growth opportunities in the market.
“We’re delighted to have GCP on board, they have a great track record in the digital transformation space and the investment will support the next phase of our growth plan, including implementing the new Hippo Academy. We were focused on finding a partner that can support us and in GCP we have found like-minded people and we’re excited to work with them going forward.”Adam Lewis Co-founder