- Leading specialist technical engineering recruitment and training company, supporting a wide range of household names in the aviation, automotive, power and rail sectors in particular.
- Market leading service quality, innovation, flexibility and transparency make Shorterm a trusted partner for its clients.
- Based in London with 12 offices across the country, stretching from Doncaster to Southampton
Why we invested:
- We are backing an experienced senior team, supported by a high calibre second tier.
- Resilient end markets with positive growth drivers, such as a shortage of skilled engineers.
- History of strong, high margin revenue growth and cash generation, with good visibility going forward.
- Strongly differentiated position with a small share of a very large market, excellent customer feedback, and a proven ability to grow its share.
Size at investment: Undisclosed
Date of investment: November 2016
GCP board member: Giles Whitman
How we are making a difference:
- GCP’s investment and partnership with management will support the continued strong growth of the business, facilitate its entry into new sectors and accelerate the development of its training division.
- GCP funded the entire transaction, with no external debt, and has committed further funds for acquisitions, increasing the deliverability of the initial transaction and also the company’s growth plans.
- Providing access to a broad network of contacts, to further expand its customer base.
“Shorterm Group is at a very exciting stage of its development and we are delighted to have GCP involved to help us take the business forward. GCP has a great reputation for enabling companies to achieve their potential, and we look forward to working with them towards increasing our customer base and range of services”
Steve Gallucci, CEO of Shorterm Group