Our Environmental, Social and Governance Policy (ESG)
Each portfolio business has a Board member tasked with championing ESG issues
- Excelsior achieved waste reduction from 15% to 13.5% in first year of investment
- etc. venues recycles over 70% of its waste
- Iglu initiated electronic invoicing and confirmations to reduce waste
- Wrap Film Systems installed an energy efficient heating system reducing gas consumption by 30%
- Fishawack created 20 new jobs in the first 6 months of our investment
- Scopus invested 100k in a new Training Academy
We have integrated ESG into all areas of the way we do business. That’s because we believe that responsible investing creates a more appropriate risk-return profile for our investments. Our policy covers:
How we invest
We are committed to ensuring that we invest in a socially responsible manner.
How we act for our investors
We are committed to ensuring that, when we act for our investors, it is in their best financial interests, but it also balances environmental, ethical and social considerations.
How we deal with the companies we invest in
We are committed to ensuring that the companies we invest in act in a socially responsible manner that includes environmental, ethical and social issues.
How we deal with our suppliers
We are committed to ensuring that our suppliers act in a responsible way on environmental, ethical and social issues.
How we treat our staff
We are committed to ensuring that job applicants, employees and contract workers are treated fairly and are offered equal opportunity in selection, training, career development, promotion and remuneration in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and best practice.
How we promote health and safety in the workplace
We are committed to ensuring that all staff, including temporary staff, contractors and consultants, are able to work in a workplace where health and safety is adequately provided for.
How we treat the environment
We are committed to ensuring that our impact on the environment is minimal and that we comply with current laws and regulations on environmental issues.
How we promote community and social interests
We encourage our staff to participate in charitable and voluntary work, through flexibility on time off and corporate donations. We fully support the “Give As You Earn” scheme for any of our staff and promote awareness of the scheme to new staff.
If you would like to see a copy of our full ESG policy statement, please contact us on 020 7024 9800 or drop us an email.
The Principles for Responsible Investment
As institutional investors, we have a duty to act in the best long-term interests of our beneficiaries. Therefore, we have signed up to the UN PRI (Principles of Responsible Investing) and we commit to the following:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.