- Jones Knowles Ritchie (JKR) was founded in 1990 and now employs over 300 people across the globe.
- JKR believe in designing brands for scale, disruption and good. Since its inception, it has partnered with companies including AB InBev, Unilever, Kraft Heinz and Mars Inc through to category disruptors Hippeas, Ugly and The Gut Stuff.
- JKR is consistently recognised at leading industry awards and was recently crowned Design Agency of the Year at D&AD 2019, for an unprecedented second year running. It was also listed in the top 100 of The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200.
Why we invested
- JKR is one of the world’s most renowned brand and design agencies. It delivers the very highest quality of creative work and strategic thinking to its clients around the world with whom it has deeply embedded, strategic relationships and an outstanding level of client satisfaction.
- JKR has a strong track record of growth through existing client accounts, winning new clients, expanding geographically and developing new capabilities.
- The increased importance of brand at the board level is shifting the focus, and budgets, towards strategic design agencies to drive real benefits for clients.
- JKR is led by an outstanding Global CEO and exceptional operational teams at each office, and has a unique approach and empowering culture.
How we are making a difference
- GCP’s investment will allow JKR’s founders to leave the business and give the existing leadership team freedom to continue growing the business.
- GCP has taken a minority stake in JKR and one seat on the Board; the majority of the equity and control of the Board remains with CEO, Guy Lambert, and his immediate leadership team.
- Our distinctive partnership style and flexible funding approach will give the business the best possible platform for growth whilst allowing the team to maintain its special culture and its focus on creative quality, to keep redefining its category and ultimately to continue to consistently astonish its clients.
“This is an important and exciting moment in the journey of Jones Knowles Ritchie. It was important to us that we found a partner that believes in our vision to become the pre-eminent global design-led creative company of the future and above all, to still be Proudly Independent so that we can do right by our incredible clients and their brands.”Guy Lambert, Global CEO of JKR