- A differentiated waste and recycling collections provider with a specialist focus on supporting businesses operating in city centre locations through a high level of customer service.
- First Mile uses technology to efficiently & cost effectively collect multiple waste streams daily across London & Birmingham.
- The company was founded in 2004 by CEO, Bruce Bratley. Since that time, it has grown at a CAGR of 25%.
Why we invested:
- First Mile has a track record of excellent growth, driven through winning new customers, existing customer repeat spend and low churn.
- The well-managed operational platform supports exceptional customer service and has scaled with the business to date. The structures and processes are in place to support future growth.
- Positive market back-drop with the post-referendum environment presenting opportunities for the UK to become a leader on environmental issues and technology.
Size at investment: Undisclosed
Date of investment: May 2017
GCP board member: Kirsty McDonald
How we are making a difference:
- GCP is partnering with the incumbent management team to further develop the sales and operational infrastructure to drive accelerated growth.
- We provided all of the funding for the transaction, ensuring deliverability and providing a flexible platform for growth.
- Further development capital has been committed to support First Mile’s ambitious growth plans through investment in people and operations.
“We want to dominate our core London territories and continue expanding to regional towns and cities across the UK. We will also keep enhancing our technology so that our vision of being able to recycle everything becomes a reality. We look forward to working with GCP to enjoy continued growth and to achieve these goals in the near future”
Bruce Bratley, CEO of First Mile