- Specialist manufacturer of cine lenses for the high end motion picture, television and advertising industries
- A historic and highly recognised brand in the film industry with a c.120 year history in optical engineering
- Film credits include historic productions such as Spartacus as well as more contemporary films including the Harry Potter series and television productions such as Game of Thrones
- Cooke lenses are handcrafted in Leicester, England and are industry renowned for the distinctive visual effect they achieve on screen
Why we invested
- Cooke has an established and differentiated market position as a leading high end cine lens manufacturer
- Focus on new product development, technical innovation and quality lens design
- Strong heritage reputation and brand loyalty from filmmakers, directors and customers
- GCP backed a highly experienced management team with deep industry knowledge and a robust plan for growth
How we made a difference
- GCP funded the entire deal at completion with a flexible capital structure to suit the needs of the business and shareholders
- Provided an engaged and supportive investment partner that recognised the unique heritage of Cooke and supported management to deliver their plan for growth
- GCP realised its investment in Cooke in July 2018 in a £96.5 million deal to a financial investor and the Cooke management team. The transaction generated a 4.4x money multiple and 67% IRR for GCP.
GCP has been an excellent investment partner for Cooke. From our first meeting they have supported the business and delivered what they promised.
Les Zellan Chairman of Cooke Optics