- AMG is a supplier of branded outdoor equipment. It celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2017 though its roots can be traced back to 1847 providing equipment for many historic expeditions, the Scouts, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and generations of outdoor enthusiasts.
- Renowned for designing and developing expedition equipment used for decades in the world’s most extreme environments, AMG has, over time, expanded its ranges to include family tents, awnings, sleeping bags, rucksacks and camping equipment. Its impressive portfolio includes market-leading brands such as Vango®, F10 Series®, Lichfield® and Blacks of Greenock®. In addition, AMG is the long term distributor of Rossignol® snowsports equipment and apparel, Swedish stove brand Trangia® and Wayfayrer® expedition food.
Why we invested
- We are partnering with the existing owner-managers, Stephen Newlands (CEO), Stephen Craig (Commercial and Financial Director) and Glenn Andrews (Product Director), who have worked together for more than 20 years and for the last 14 have run the business, driving significant growth.
- AMG has a long established, leading and premier position with exceptional heritage.
- Its strong brands, alongside AMG’s reputation for innovation and its successful track record of bringing new technologies and products to market underpin an exciting growth opportunity, both in the UK and around the world.
How we are making a difference
- GCP is backing the senior management team to achieve their growth plans for the business through developing new products, investment in the AMG brands, geographical expansion and continuing to work closely with their core customers in supplying high quality products
- We are supporting a long-term succession plan and as part of that have been centrally involved in the recruitment of both a CFO and a Sales and Marketing Director.
- We are bringing experience, enthusiasm, ambition and financial firepower to longer-term strategic opportunities, including acquisitions.
GCP has been supportive and proactive to deal with throughout the transaction and they have delivered on what they promised at the outset.Steve Newlands CEO of AMG